Presentation of the F-One Phantom Carbon front-wings: 980 cm², 1080 cm², 1280 cm², 1480 cm², 1780 cm²
Connecting waves while wing foiling, surfing or even downwinding is easy and fun with the F-ONE PHANTOM CARBON foil. Carving is also part of its DNA, as connecting waves isn’t much fun if you can’t turn properly. By working on the lift distribution, arch shape, and other details, we reached a performing foil that can carve smooth curves on the waves and swells.
The PHANTOM CARBON range is well-balanced and will satisfy a broad variety of riders thanks to its wide size range and huge potential. These foils have it all and do everything well: a satisfying glide, a great planing start, and amazing carving abilities.
- The PHANTOM 980 is the newest size in this range. This is a high-performance foil that will allow you to take your skills to the next level in surf foil or wing foil, while maintaining good carving and pumping abilities.
- The PHANTOM 1080 is the ideal front wing for surfing due to its speed-to-lift ratio that will allow you to keep up with the wave and surf it for as long as possible. It is surprisingly easy to use, but also provides incredible performances in speed, carving and pumping when needed.
- The PHANTOM 1280 provides a similar program to the 1480 but is more versatile. It carves better, goes faster, and is a good combination of planing and performance for wing foil. It is also suitable for lighter riders (< 70 kg).
- The PHANTOM 1480 combines efficiency and accessibility. Its lift allows you to glide endlessly while having fun thanks to its incredible maneuverability and stability. It is an ultra-versatile foil that will allow you to surf in waves < 1m50, venture downwind, wing foil, or even try dockstarts or wakefoil… It does everything well and will be there for you even in weak conditions.
- The PHANTOM 1780 offers the highest lift of the range. The program is the same as the smaller sizes, but this foil is more adapted for heavier riders (> 85 kg). It is a large and stable wing that remains highly maneuverable, and that will bring extra power in light winds.
Built using the Monobloc structure with pre-preg carbon, the foils are both very light and strong. This setup brings improved load transmission and better stiffness throughout the different parts for maximum control. The TITAN connection allows to plug in either an aluminum or carbon mast, and the fuselage is split in two to facilitate transport.
The PHANTOM CARBON 980 and 1080 are recommended with the C250 SURF or C250 FENCE. This stab has been thought out to perfectly exploit the power and abilities of these PHANTOM. Sharp and precise, it will allow you to gain speed and maneuverability, and to easily connect waves.
The 1280, 1480, and 1780 are better suited for a C275 SURF stab. Progressive and versatile, this stab will bring stability, control, and confidence to your ride.
|Phantom Carbon 980||980 cm²||78 cm||6.2||1.2 kg|
|Phantom Carbon 1080||1080 cm²||80 cm||5.9||1.2 kg|
|Phantom Carbon 1280||1280 cm²||87 cm||5.9||1.37 kg|
|Phantom Carbon 1480||1480 cm²||96 cm||6.2||1.62 kg|
|Phantom Carbon 1780||1780 cm²||107 cm||6.4||1.9 kg|
Pre-preg makes the foils stiffer and stronger. With pre-preg fabrics, the carbon fiber is directly impregnated with epoxy resin by its manufacturer. This guarantees a perfect ratio between epoxy and carbon and represents the highest quality process. It is then cured at high temperature, bringing strength and durability.
Quality control is much better and so is the working environment for the people building our foils. Pre-preg fabrics offer the lightest weight with the best mechanical properties of carbon fiber.
Having a stiff and solid assembly between all the parts of the foil, is key to making it perform at its best as well as easy to handle.
The connection of the front wing with the fuselage is highly stressed and loaded, it is one of the critical area of the assembly in terms of structures.
The MONOBLOC wings are molded together with the fuselage in one shot, thereby removing the connection and the chances for unwanted and parasitic movements.
The structural fibers of the fuselage are spread into the wing to achieve the most natural, sound and light connection.
It is also incredibly stiff and provide absolute control at all times, with the foil responding perfectly to all of the riders input.
When the overall dimensions are too large for convenient transportation, a connection is set into the fuselage, behind the mast where the loads are smaller.
|Titan connection |
The TITAN connection enables a very stiff and direct connection between two parts, locking efficiently any movement in all directions.
Its format is compact which is hydrodynamically friendly and very easy to use, assemble and disassemble.
Do you know how to assemble your F-One hydro-foil?
Here is a video about the assembly of the kitefoil and next about the setup: