We commit to offer the best exotic experience while kiting
Because you are curious to discover the world, we invite you to join and fulfill that dream!
With The Prorider Team
WHAT IS A KITE TRIP?
Do you kite or would you like to learn? Are you curious to travel the world?… We have a perfect combination for water sports enthusiasts seeking to discover new exotic places. We combine our biggest passion and hunger for the different culture and landscape.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A TRIP?
Typically, we go for a month. We choose dates for departure before Christmas (20-23.12) depending of the flight-tickets offers and we return on the same date a month later. If you consider, you may also join us for a less long journey too! We are flexible and we can help.
WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE HAPPENING?
We travel to Sri Lanka every winter for a session of delicious local food and kite on a flat lagoon near Kalpityia city (3-4h drive from Colombo, the capital city where we land).
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE TRIP?
The departure is depending on your choice of dates for the destination we reach. We will arrange for the transfer from the airport on your respective dates, a driver will pick you up.
Accommodation is booked and paid in advance, so we communicate the place location in advance as well as the payment details.
Once you are there,
- if you need any transportation means (rent a tuk-tuk, a scooter or hire a driver and bus for a road-trip) – we know a guy;
- if you need to exchange money (EUR or USD) to the local currency – we know a guy;
- if you need tips on local places, restaurants and bars – we know a guy;
- if curious to travel and discover historical sites, desert islands or to do a safari – we know a guy…
You know the guy to ask for assistance and enjoy your trip and stay! Being free to do as you feel on a vacation is the main reason to go. We are there to help if you need anything. Us! We go kiting to the lagoon or to a different kite spot, you are welcome to join our kite-adventure in Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka (INFO about the spot HERE).
We schedule our trips in winter:
WHAT DOES THE PRORIDER PROVIDES FOR THE TRIP?
- Consult for the best offers to buy airplane tickets;
- Transportation from and to the airport with a trusted local driver on the dates of your choice;
- Transportation: assistance to rent a scooter, tuk-tuk or a car if needed for your stay;
- Accommodation: local traditional resorts offer us single-double room cabanas with WC and bathroom; common space with palm-tree garden; kitchen equipped to cook home if interested (check the options here);
- Optional: breakfast may also be included on request
- Tricks & tips on where & what to visit;
- Kite–lessons and/or rent gear if you do not have (please subscribe in advance).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE A TRIP?
You should be in good health and open minded toward discovering a different culture and customs.
To speak English also may be useful.
- Winter is low season for the wind: 14 to 20 knots!
- The kiting conditions: flat & choppy water, small to medium waves
- Temperature of the air and the water: 27°C
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ADVENTURE?
- Visa : FREE (until 31-01-2020) with an online application (INFO HERE)
- Travel insurance & specific addition for extreme sports practice;
- If you do a water-sport: bring your gear to be able to practice or subscribe for rent or course with us 😉 ;
- The weather is tropical: warm, but humid. Adapt your choice of cloths so you will be the most comfortable;
- Medications: Healthcare is available in Sri Lanka, medical services are good and medicines are available. But if you know you have special needs, it is best to go prepared.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE ADVENTURE?
Everybody is welcome. Parents if you like to bring your children, you should. Kids, if you want to travel – speak to your parents to join!