We commit to offer the best exotic experience while kiting
Because you are curious to discover the world, we invite you to join and fulfill that dream!
By The Prorider Team
WHAT IS A KITE TRIP?
Do you kite or would you like to learn? Are you curious to travel the world?… We have a perfect combination for water sports enthusiasts seeking to discover new exotic places. We combine our biggest passion and hunger for the different culture and landscape.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A TRIP?
Unfortunately, we go only for 10 days. We choose dates for departure in February depending of the flight-tickets offers and we return a week and half later. Still the offer is made for 10 days but if you want to stay more, we can arrange it for you too! 😉
WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE HAPPENING?
We travel to the International Airport of Maquietta (which is 1h away from Caracas), Venezuela. There a small airplane will fly you to Los Roques (included in the price of our offer). You will be received and accompanied immediately on your arrival in Maquietta until you fly off for the archipelago.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE TRIP?
The departure depends on your choice of dates for the destination we reach. We will arrange for a driver to pick you up from the airport on your respective dates.
Accommodation is booked and paid in advance, so we communicate the place location in advance as well as the payment details. It is a small Hotel with 12 rooms – 25 persons. 3 meals with drink and an afternoon snack are included in the price of the room.
So when you are there,
- if you need any transportation means – we know a guy;
- if you need tips on local places, restaurants and bars – we know a guy;
- If curious to travel and discover historical sites, desert islands or to do a safari – we know a guy…
You know the guy to ask for assistance and enjoy your trip and stay! Being free to do as you feel on a vacation is the main reason to go. We are there to help if you need anything. Us! We go kiting in the archipelago, to a different kite-spot every day and you are welcome to join.
There are all different islands which can be reached by kite. There are 12 sand-lagoons with shallow crystal-blue water, secured by a reef so the water is quite and flat.
There is so called “Kite safari” which offers you the possibility to discover some different parts of the archipelago and the countless Mango-trees with a guide. It is an excellent experience that is recommended to consider too.
You may meet dolphins, turtles and a lot of different fish on the water too.
- There is some good news for the wave-riders! For more information about the places, we know a guy that will show you the “Secret-spots” of the archipelago once we are there.
- Free-ride, free-style and also beginners – good news for you too: CAYO SARDINIA, SAQUI SAQUI, CAYO VAPOR, SEBASTOPOL are one of the most beautiful islands for kiting in Venezuela.
NB! Do not forget your snorkels; you will need them for sure.
We schedule the trip in winter:
WHAT DOES THE PRORIDER PROVIDES FOR THE TRIP?
- Consult for the best offers to buy airplane tickets;
- Transportation from your arrival on the international airport to the local one in Los Roques on the dates of your choice;
- Transportation: all the kite-spots are reachable ONLY by boat. It will be available all day long, which means if no wind – it is also our “Rescue Boat”.;
- Accommodation: 10 nights at local traditional hotel offers us single-double room with WC and bathroom; common space with chill space; restaurant preparing us delicious meals 4 times a day;
- Tricks & tips on where & what to visit;
- Kite-lessons and/or rent gear if you do not have (please subscribe in advance).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE A TRIP?
You should be in good health and open minded toward discovering a different culture and customs.
To speak Spanish also may be useful.
- Winter is high season for the wind: 18 to 22 knots!
- The kiting conditions: flat & choppy water, small waves
- Temperature of the air: 26°C
- Temperature of the water: 27°C
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ADVENTURE?
- Visa : not needed!
- Travel insurance & specific addition for extreme sports practice;
- If you do a water-sport: bring your gear to be able to practice;
- Check the weather and adapt your choice of cloths so you will be the most comfortable;
- Medications & care are available, but if you need something specific – bring your own just to be sure.
- Exchange money to USD $ in small bills. Everything you pay on Los Roques is in dollars.
NB! Even more important, avoid the local currency – it could be a scam trying to exchange money in it.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE ADVENTURE?
Everybody is welcome. Parents if you like to bring your children, you should. Kids, if you want to travel – speak to your parents to join!