We commit to offer the best experience while stand-up paddling on river
Because you are curious to discover Nature, we invite you to join and fulfill that dream!
By The Prorider Team
WHAT IS STAND-UP PADDLING?
To be close to Nature while stuck in the city, we were the first to organize the stand-up-paddle adventure-trips on river. Since 2012 until today, many people discovered a different, wild, beautiful landscape around Bucharest while they are cruising rivers on a stand up paddle.
If you love nature and you are a water sports enthusiast, we’d love to share our passions with you!
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A TRIP?
Typically, we would meet at 10h00 in the morning at the meeting point in the centre of the city. River trip length is 3-5 hours (12-16 km). Then we should be back in Bucharest by 18h00 at end of the day.
WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE HAPPENING?
We have itineraries on Prahova River (fun in spring) and Naejlov River (better in autumn). The journey will take you through different landscapes, forests, plains, and river specific vegetation.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE TRIP?
We offer an adventure trip which combines a light sport activity with nature discovery.
- Guests will be picked up in a central place of Bucharest and driven to the adventure start-point.
- Everybody will participate in preparing the gear (inflating the stand up paddle boards) and after a short training, the adventure will begin.
- For couple of hours guests will explore wild forests and beautiful landscapes while paddling down rivers located less than an hour from Bucharest. Wild birds and animals could also be spotted.
- The trip will go only downstream and the minibus will wait for us at the end point.
We schedule our adventures on week-end days, but it is also possible to book on week-days if enough people to form a group:
- Minimum group size = 3 pers;
- Maximum group size = 5 pers
WHAT DOES THE PRORIDER PROVIDES FOR THE TRIP?
- Transportation: Round trip from Bucharest (minibus);
- Equipment: Stand up paddle board, paddle, life jacket, helmet ;
- Guide for the whole trip;
- Optional: water-shoes and/or neoprene-suits could be provided on request ;
- Drinking water.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE A TRIP?
Previous stand-up-paddling experience is not mandatory. No water experience is needed, in fact you will learn very fast. You should have a good mobility and a normal physical resistance. However, it is a water sport; you should not mind getting wet 🙂
Knowing this type of adventure is quiet and peaceful type of trip, you need to know just a little bit of English, French, Bulgarian or Romanian for the initial training and guiding… all the rest depends on you!
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ADVENTURE?
You should be clothed properly for the season and the weather conditions. Before and after the trip – you should be warm enough and comfortable for travel. For the adventure, you should have:
- Swimming suit;
- Board-shorts & t-shirt for water;
- Dry-cloths for the return trip.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE ADVENTURE?
Everybody is welcome to join.
Children are allowed if accompanied by parents. And for independent stand-up-paddling experience, the minimum age should be 12 years old.