a.k.a. Kite Trips
By The Prorider Team
WHAT IS A KITE TRIP?
Do you kite or would you like to learn? Are you curious to travel the world?… We have a perfect combination for water sports enthusiasts seeking to discover new exotic places. We combine our biggest passion and hunger for the different culture and landscape.
WHAT IS THE DURATION OF A TRIP?
Typically, we go for a month. We choose dates for departure before Christmas (20-23.12) depending of the flight-tickets offers and we return on the same date a month later. If you consider, you may also join us for a less long journey too! We are flexible and we can help.
WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE HAPPENING?
We travel to Sri Lanka every winter for a session of delicious local food and kite on a flat lagoon near Kalpityia city (3-4h drive from the capital city, where we land).
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE TRIP?
The departure is depending on your choice of dates for the destination we reach. We will arrange for a driver to pick you up from the airport on your respective dates.
Accommodation is booked and paid in advance, so we communicate the place location in advance as well as the payment details.
Once you are there,
- if you need any transportation means – we know a guy;
- if you need to change money to the local currency – we know a guy;
- if you need tips on local places, restaurants and bars – we know a guy;
- If curious to travel and discover historical sites, desert islands or to do a safari – we know a guy…
You know the guy to ask for assistance and enjoy your trip and stay! Being free to do as you feel on a vacation is the main reason to go. We are there to help if you need anything. Us! We go kiting to the lagoon or to a different spot, you are welcome to join.
We schedule our trips in winter:
WHAT DOES THE PRORIDER PROVIDES FOR THE TRIP?
- Consult for the best offers to buy airplane tickets;
- Transportation from and to the airport with a trusted local driver on the dates of your choice;
- Transportation: assistance to rent a scooter, tuk-tuk or a car if needed for your stay;
- Accommodation: local traditional resorts offer us single-double room cabanas with WC and bathroom; common space with palm-tree garden; kitchen equipped to cook home if interested;
- Optional: breakfast may also be included on request
- Tricks & tips on where & what to visit;
- Kite-lessons and/or rent gear if you do not have.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE A TRIP?
You should be in good health and open minded toward discovering a different culture and customs.
To speak English also may be useful.
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ADVENTURE?
- Visa : (online procedure check here)
- Travel insurance & specific addition for extreme sports practice;
- If you do a water-sport: bring your gear to be able to practice;
- Check the weather and adapt your choice of cloths so you will be the most comfortable;
- Medications & care are available, but if you need something specific – bring your own just to be sure.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE ADVENTURE?
Everybody is welcome. Parents if you like to bring your children, you should. Kids, if you want to travel – speak to your parents to join!