What are the kite conditions in Gokceada? Good for everybody no matter the skills or the preferences for kiting. Each kite-surfer will find his happiness.
- Level of kiting: beginner + intermediate + independent + advanced;
- Spot type: beach with the on-shore wind with small to medium waves & perfect flat water at the off-shore beach;
- Discipline: free-ride; freestyle; foil; strapless;
- Launch zone: sandy beach
When is the best time to go kite in Gokceada? The kite season in Turkey is better in summer:
- from May to October: wind varies from low at 10-15 knots to high from 20-40 knots;
- stable frequency: wind is strong for 3-5 days, then low for 2-3 days (the online forecasts are reliable to follow).
We open a kite-camp every year on the island for the last 10 years. Have you noticed that excellent wind direction and weather conditions? The Prorider kite-school offers the best summer vacation experience: to discover and learn that exceptional sport of kite-boarding. Also for all the kitesurfers to improve their skills and upgrade their kite level in safe conditions. Accompanied by a certified kite-instructor with practice and good heart – kitesurf gets easy and fun.
Note! about the dream vacation…
The water is clear and sea-green that people would dream of on their vacation. Indeed, the beach is beautiful but very dirty. As the wind is blowing directly on the shore, the sea brings a lot of waste from the sea! This is our world today.
What dangers to expect?
- Be careful at launching and landing your kite: avoid to crash on or over the dunes. There are spiny bushes that may damage your kite-equipment.
- Still the biggest danger is the other kiters riding. If everybody would have more tolerance between each-other and respect the rules of priorities on the water, all kitesurfers, windsurfers, swimmers, and tourists nearby should be safe and enjoy their holiday.